Allah alone knows who is going.
human accountability responsibility and judgment
- Nār — Fire, hellfire (125 times)
- jahim - Inferno (23 times)
- Sa'ir - Blaze (8 times)
- Saqar - the Scorching (4 times)
- Laza - the Fuming 92:14
- Hutama — the Devouring, the Crushing Fire, Vehement Fire 104:4-5
- Hawiya - the Abyss
- Has lahab (flames) (77:31)
- punishes by combustion, aza'b al-hariq (3:181).
- The nar hamiya (101:11) means a raging fire.
- Zaqqūm helltree
pyre = heap of combustibles
Food and drink
Those who are doomed for Jahannam will eat Zaqqum and drink scalding water. Zaqqum is a tree that grows in Jahannam. It has fruit, shaped like devils' heads, which the damned are compelled to eat to intensify their torment. The Qur'an says: [44.43] Surely the tree of the Zaqqum, [44.44] Is the food of the sinful [44.45] Like dregs of oil; it shall boil in (their) bellies, [44.46] Like the boiling of hot water. Other verses in the Qur'an describe different kinds of foods for the doomed in Jahannam, even exclusionary suggestions: [88.6] No food will there be for them but a bitter Dhari (thorn-fruit) [69.36] Nor hath he any food except the foul pus from the washing of wound, It is said that different people in Jahannam will have to eat any of these three different types of food.