- In Qurʾānic terms, the Qalb is the locus of awareness and consciousness
- the place or part inside you that opens or expands to accept Islam
- the place or part inside you that can harden (like stone) against remembering the Greater Reality
- soft spot
- Believers, respond to God and His Messenger when he calls you to that which gives you life. Know that God comes between a person and their heart, and that you will be gathered to Him. (8:24)
- harden your heart
- to make yourself not feel pity or sympathy for someone; If you harden your heart or if something hardens your heart, you stop having kind or friendly feelings for someone.
- the part of you that feels strong emotions and feelings, the heart thought of as the place where emotions are felt
- in your heart
- if you know, feel, or believe something in your heart, you are secretly sure about it although you may not admit it; the heart thought of as the place where emotions are felt
- gut reaction/feeling/instinct
- a reaction or feeling that you are sure is right, although you cannot give a reason for it
- at gut level
- if you know something at gut level, you feel sure about it, though you could not give a reason for it
- used to talk about feelings, ideas, etc., that come from your emotions and from what seems true or right rather than from logic or reason
It’s an emotional thing.