Zinā زنا — inappropriate sexual activity, forbidden sexual activity, casual sexual encounters, sex outside marriage
Zinā is sex outside the bond of a committed relationship. In Islamic values, casual or meaningless sex is not allowed. Marriage is very simple, and it holds the husband financially responsible to provide for his wife.
- Don’t engage in casual sexual encounters (25:68)
- When believing women tell the Messenger of Allāh ﷺ that they did not commit Zinā, he should accept their pledge (60:12)
- Don’t go anywhere near Zinā. It’s indecent and leads to evil. 17:32
- If four reliable eyewitnesses see you commit Zinā, the punishment is 100 lashes. 24:2
- People who have experienced casual sex -3
extramarital sex, sex without commitment, unlawful intimacy